Curbside Service Information
Most businesses and multifamily properties in Alameda County are required to sort materials properly. Bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard belong in the recycling bin. Discarded food, food-soiled paper, and plant debris must be placed in an organics bin.
Click your city below for more details about what’s accepted for recycling and composting in your service area. You’ll also find a list of items that belong in the garbage along with a search tool for reuse and donation options to help send less waste to landfill.
- Castro Valley Sanitary District
- Hayward (Oro Loma Sanitary District – L2)
- San Leandro
- San Leandro (Oro Loma Sanitary District – L3)
- San Lorenzo (Oro Loma Sanitary District – L1)
- Union City
- Unincorporated Alameda County